ASL Fluent Behavioral Health Counselor - Decatur, Ga.Job Title: ASL Fluent Behavioral Health Counselor - Decatur, Ga.
Department: Thurmond Tanner
Avita Community Partners is excited to announce a new career opportunity for an ASL Fluent, Licensed Counselors. This position is based out of Decatur.
**The American Sign Language Fluent Licensed Counselors will provide behavioral health services to deaf clients in the State of Georgia.
1.Provides behavioral health services to adults, children and adolescents to deaf individuals. This includes individual counseling, family counseling, group counseling and behavioral health assessments.
2.These services are provided in both office and community settings.
3.Must be willing to use personal vehicle.
· Master’s Degree in Social Work, Psychology, Marriage and Family Therapy or Counseling with eligibility to become professionally licensed in the state of Georgia OR Associate License in the state of Georgia (LAPC, LMSW or LAMFT). Prefer individual who is fully licensed as a LPC, LCSW or LMFT in the state of Georgia.
· The ability to achieve a score of “Advanced" or higher on the Sign Language Proficiency Interview (SLPI) or its predecessor, the Signed Communication Proficiency Interview (SCPI).
· A driver cannot have six or more points against his/her license within the last five years. Cannot have had a suspended or revoked license within the last five years.
· LPC, LCSW or LMFT in the state of Georgia.
· 3-4 years in Behavioral Health Counseling preferably in a Behavioral Health setting or 1-2 years in Supervision preferably in a Behavioral Health setting
· Excellent communication skills
· Excellent organizational skills
· Team player
This is a full time position and is subject to organizational benefits.
**All qualified applicants will be considered, but may not necessarily receive an interview.**
Avita Community Partners is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate in its service practices or employment practices with regard to race color, religion, disability, gender, sexual orientation, age, or national origin.
Position Reference #: 210351
Back to List