Behavioral Health Counselor (Towns/Union Schools)Job Title: Behavioral Health Counselor (Towns/Union Schools)
Department: Blairsville Center
• Provides mental health services to children and adolescents in a school based environment and an outpatient setting. Includes individual counseling, diagnostic assessments, group therapy, family counseling and some contact within the community.
Will work in all Towns County Schools, as well as Union County Elementary and Middle Schools.
This is a 12 month position. Any time the school systems are on break, the counselor will return to the Outpatient Clinic to continue care on an outpatient basis.
• A Master’s Degree in Social Work, Mental Health Counseling, Community Counseling, School Counseling, Psychology, or Marriage and Family Therapy from a CACREP, CSWE, CCPTP or COAMFTE accredited university AND be license eligible with the Georgia Composite Board of Professional Counselors, Social Workers and Marriage and Family Therapists allowing for an associate level license within six months of employment. (Upon receipt of Associate licensure, employee is eligible for a 5% increase in pay)
Associate Licensed LAPC, LMSW or LAMFT ($32,363.89):
LPC/LCSW - Licensure with less than one year of post licensure experience - 42,000
- Licensure with one year of post licensure experience - 44,000
- Licensure with three years of post-licensure experience - 47,000
LMFT Licensure with less than one year of post licensure experience - 40,000
- Licensure with one year of post licensure experience - 45,000
- Licensure with three years of post-licensure experience - 45,000
Position is subject to Incentive Bonus Program with additional potential earnings of up to $1350.00 per quarter, regardless of level or length of licensure.
Applicants must not have six (6) or more points against their driver’s license or a suspended or revoked driver's license within the last five (5) years.
•Full licensure in the state of Georgia
•Minimum of one year of substance abuse experience or a CAC/NCAC credentialing.
Employees are eligible to apply for loan repayment assistance through the National Health Service Corps (NHSC) Loan Repayment Program.
All applicants selected for a personal interview will be required to complete a basic typing skills assessment during the interview.
**All qualified applicants will be considered, but may not necessarily receive an interview.**
**Positions may be filled before the closing (ending) date if a qualified candidate is selected.**
AVITA Community Partners is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate in its service practices or employment practices with regard to race color, religion, disability, gender, sexual orientation, age, or national origin.
This is a full time position and is subject to organizations benefits.
Avita Community Partners Benefits Package Includes:
Accidental Death and Dismemberment
401(k) and 457 Deferred Compensation Plans
Dependent Life Insurance
Disability Insurance, Short and Long Term
9 Paid Holidays
Long Term Care Insurance
4 weeks of Paid Time Off/year
Position Reference # - 214757
Back to List